Escape to the Garden Route and canoe through the crystal-clear waters and lush greenery of the Touw River.
Looking for a relaxing but exciting excursion to embark on? Banzoflash highly suggests canoeing on the Touw River.
Bring your family and friends along and make unforgettable memories! Canoeing is safe, easy, and fun for all ages.
Hiring a canoe and cruising the crystal-clear waterways of the area is a popular all-year-round activity. Set off on the Touw River and explore the placid waters of the Garden Route National Park. The canoes come equipped with large splash-proof buckets to keep your belongings dry.
Routes the Touw River offer:
- The Touw River Waterfall. By far the most popular route, this trip involves roughly 40mins (3km) of paddling through indigenous forest and 40mins (2.5km) of walking on a boardwalk to a waterfall. Ideal venue for a picnic and a refreshing dip.
- Island Lake is a 1.5-2 hour (3.5km) paddle down the Serpentine River. This will take you through meandering reedbeds where birdlife is abundant. At Island Lake, there is a picnic sit.
- Round trip, 4-5 hours. Perfect for birdwatching.
- The River Mouth is a 30 to 40 mins paddle. The river gets wider towards the mouth and riverbanks become more developed.
Canoeing is not just a fun and exciting adventure to journey on, there are also health benefits from embarking on this excursion.
- Improved Fitness. Improves strength, flexibility, cardiovascular fitness, and muscle strength
- Reduced Risk of Wear and Tear in Joints
- Improved Mental Health
- Core Strength
- Cardiovascular Health
- Weight Loss
A valid Wildcard is required or a SANParks conservation levy fee will have to be paid. These can be paid at the Eden Adventures office.
Sourced by Eden Adventures